Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thing #15 - Library 2.0 & Web 2.0

It is true what was said in this exercise, that libraries five or ten years down the road will look substantially different from libraries today. It is inevitable! I am not sure I completely understand Library 2.0 or Web 2.0 for that fact but we all have to learn. We don't stamp the back of the books anymore with the due date people have adjusted to that (slowly but they have). The schools have started using blackboard to help the parents see what and how there kids are doing encouraging the parents to get involved and even participate in feedback. Essentially what Library 2.0 is doing becoming more involved and encouraging feedback. I think I got the most out of "To a Temporary Place in Time" article. That one made me think back to when I was a kid and just remember the library being all about story-time. Times Change!

No comments: