Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thing #12 - NetLibrary & WorldCat

NetLibrary- I was suprised how easy NetLibrary was to sign-up. I know I have referred quite a few people to the reference desk to get set-up on NetLibrary. I cannot believe how easy it is to sign-up. It took me a little bit to realize that the books were mostly non-fiction types books. I don't think I got that right off the bat. I viewed a couple of travel guides which was interesting. I think for me that would be really great to use.

WorldCat - I have never actually used WorldCat before, I am not sure why I would use Amazon anymore to look up information for ILLs. I was told WorldCat doesn't give you the price but I saw an insert from amazon right on WorldCat stating the price that you find on Amazon. I like how they have all the information right there. When I am on Barnes and Noble or Amazon I am usually asking someone if this is the same as the ISBN and other information that I need to fill out the ILL.

No comments: